- What are the colored boxes with a name and number in between the toolbar and the schedule area?
- This is called the Dock. The dock allows you to "dock" an existing appointment to be moved to another date or operatory. The name in the box is the patient's name, the number refers to the amount of time units, and the color indicates the scheduled provider.
- What are the different icons in the top of the schedule window, and the white field with the magnifying glass?
- The topmost area is called the "tool bar." This customizable area holds the different buttons that allow you to do different things in MaxDent Pro, such as navigate between Daily/Weekly/Monthly views, or Jump to a specific day, etc. The white field with the magnifying glass is a search box allowing you to locate any patient for scheduling an appointment or editing their information.
- What is the bottom most area of the MaxDent Pro schedule that lists the appointment information and the procedures to be performed?
- This is the "details" area. This will display financial information about an appointment as well as the patient & operatory value and total Day value for the office.
An example video is available on this site - See Schedule View Details
- What is the difference between the background color of an appointment and the color on the left-hand side of an appointment?
- The color on the left-hand side is reserved to indicate the provider and any possible assistant time. The background color indicates the status of the appointment (e.g. Schedule, In Office, In Progress, Waiting for checkout, and Completed).
- How do I check out an appointment?
- In the Appointment Window, click the "Check Out" button on the bottom-left corner.
This will display the check out window where financial transactions are recorded and claims are processed.
An example video is available on this site - See Checkout
- How do you add procedures to an appointment?
- Procedures are added by clicking the "+" button located on the left-center of the appointment window.
The "+" button will display searchable list of procedures within a fee schedule.
Example videos are available on this site - See Assign Appointment I or Assign Appointment II
- Some appointments in the schedule have an small number and check mark in the top right-hand corner. What do these refer to?
- The check mark indicates that the appointment has been confirmed, the number indicates how many confirmation attempts have been made for the appointment.
- What are the functions of the icons of the appointment window tool bar?
- Patient Button - this button will display the patient information window.
Tx Plan Button - this button will display the Treatment Plans for the patient. Tx Plans are created in the patient window.
Contacts Button - this button displays contact information recorded in the patients account.
Confirm Log Button - this button displays the record of confirmation attempts, these attempts are recorded every time you click the Confirm button.
Confirm button - this button allows you to confirm an appointment.
- How are guarantors added to MaxDent Pro?
- First, when creating a new patient you are asked to either choose or create a guarantor upon saving the new patient information.
Second, under the Guarantor tab in the Patient Account Window, click the "+" button to add a new guarantor (or a second guarantor to an account).
Third, in the MDP menu go to Data > Guarantors and click the "+" to add a new guarantor.
Example videos are available on this site - See Create a New Guarantor or Create New Patient/Guarantor
- How are items added to the Ledger?
- When an appt. is checked out, the procedures are automatically added to the ledger as well as any payments by a patient or claim.
To add items directly to the ledger, in the MDP menu go to Patients > Ledgers. Here you can add Adjustments, print Insurance Claims, post a Payment, and add Procedures.
An example video is available on this site - See Working in the Ledger
- How are referrals tracked in MaxDent Pro?
- Referrals are recorded in the patients care tab. Referrals are categorized as: BY patient, BY other, BY provider, and TO provider. MaxDent Pro contains a function for reporting these referrals.
- How do I add a treatment plan for a patient?
- Treatment plans are added to a patient by clicking the "Tx Plan" button in the Patient Account tool bar.
Once in the treatment plan information window, you can add multiple treatment plans and then further assign multiple plans to a master plan.
Once a plan is created, you can assign the procedures to an appointment when a new appointment is created.
An example video is available on this site - See Treatment Plans
- How do I add an Employer and/or Insurance information to a guarantor?
- To add an employer and/or insurance to a guarantor, you need to access the guarantor information sheet.
You can do this by going to the MDP menu, Data > Guarantors and selecting the guarantor from the list, or by accessing the Patient Account Window, go to the guarantor tab, and double-click the guarantors name.
Once in the guarantor information sheet, click the "+" button for "Employers" to display the employer/insurance information sheet.
An example video is available on this site - See Employers And Insurance
- How do I print a Ledger item?
- Click on an arrow next to a specific date or click the "Expand All" button to see the items. Next, simply click the item(s) to be printed and either click the "Print" icon in the tool bar or go to the MDP menu and select File > Print.
- How do write a prescription for a patient?
- In the Patient Account window, click the "Rx" tab to display the prescription information window. To add a prescription to the patient, click the "+" button to add a pre-defined prescription from the drug database list. To add a drug to the drug database, click the "Drug Database..." button to display the drug database information window. Next, click the "+" button to add the new drug, and once added, select the new drug to edit it's information (e.g. dosage, form, etc.).
- What does the MaxDent Pro imaging tab do?
- The MaxDent Pro imaging tab is fully integrated with aMac Digital Radiography Software.
The imaging pane can also store Quicktime readable image files (jpg, tiff, pdf, etc.).
An example video available on this site - See Imaging
- Why do some patients have a red "flag" next to their name in the Patients Account Window, and some do not?
- MaxDent Pro allows you to assign medical, financial, and note alerts to a patient account. These alerts pop-up automatically upon opening a Patient Account Window. The "flag" icon to the left of the patient name is a quick access button to view these alerts. Medical alerts can be added under the medical tab in the Patient Account Window. Financial alerts can be added in the MDP menu, Patient > Financial Alerts... Note alerts can be added by clicking the "Notes" button in the Patient Account tool bar, then after adding a note click the "Note Alert" check box in the upper-right of the note entry window.